Why does online reputation for health care matter?
- The star rating system is the #1 factor used by patients to judge a provider or health care facility
- More than 90 percent of patients read online reviews to help determine their health care decisions
- Approximately 50 percent of patients search up to two weeks before even scheduling an appointment
- Roughly 40 percent of patients and referring physicians form an opinion by reading one to three reviews
- Patients determine relevancy if a review has been written within one month
- About 13 percent of patients and referring physicians consider using a health care provider that has only a one- or two-star rating