Why does online reputation for health care matter?
In the world of healthcare online reputation, Find-a-Doctor profiles on hospital websites should be serving as the “center of truth” for a physician’s current clinical practice, research information, and educational background.
Technology continuously allows the Internet to become smarter. Healthcare directories, such as Healthgrades and RateMDs, automatically generate profiles for our healthcare providers by legally pulling data from public sources no matter its accuracy.
Industry research shows that:
- 43% of visits to hospital websites begin with a search engine
- 73% of consumers use search engines to research treatment
- 1 in 20 Google searches are health-related
Data source: https://www.mdconnectinc.com
What have we done?
- Organized our efforts by prioritizing departments
- Ensured accuracy of rosters by working directly with the departments
- Confirmed credentials by aligning with the BCH credentialing office and the various American Board specialties